Associate of Applied Science
Gain in-demand skills to enter the workforce quickly.
The Associate of Applied Science (AAS) is not a transfer degree, but some of the courses required for the AAS will transfer. Students should check the University Parallel Program and confer with counselors both at COM and at the next institution regarding the transfer of technical specialty courses.
College of the Mainland offers an Associate of Applied Science in the following subject areas:
- Business Administration, Emphasis in Accounting
- Business Administration, Emphasis in Entrepreneurship
- Business Administration, Emphasis in Management
- Business Administration, Emphasis in Marketing
- Business Administration, Emphasis in Office Management
- Cosmetology Instructor
- Criminal Justice
- Emergency Management
- Emergency Medical Services
- Fire Protection Technology
- Graphic Design/Web Design
- Health Information Management
- Occupational Safety and Health Technology
- Pharmacy Technician
- Process Technology: Petrochemical Process Technology
Overall requirements for the AAS degree vary with each program area, but the standard requirements for any AAS degree are as follows:
- Completion of 60-72 semester credit hours, 50-75 percent of which must be from technical specialty courses.
- The 60-72 hour total must include 15 hours of general education courses, which must include one course in each of the following three areas: Humanities/Fine Arts Social/Behavioral Sciences Math/Natural Sciences
- Each degree program must contain math, computer, and written and oral communication competencies.
- Completion of at least 25 percent of the credit hours toward this degree must be earned at COM.