College of the Mainland is a learning-centered, comprehensive community college dedicated to student success and the intellectual and economic prosperity of the diverse communities we serve.
College of the Mainland will be a valued and vital community partner by striving to enrich our expanding community and preparing our students to learn, work and live in a diverse, dynamic and global environment.
- Student Success and Academic Excellence
- Continuous Improvement and Accountability
- Mutual Respect, Civility, and Integrity
- Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Innovation and Adaptability
- Campus and Community Collaboration
2010-2014 Strategic Goals
- Increase enrollment, retention and completions, and improve students’ attainment of their educational goals.
- Increase underrepresented populations and the diversity of our students and employees to reflect our service area.
- Increase positive community awareness and collaboration through a supportive culture which promotes college accountability.
- Obtain the necessary resources, through bonds, grants and fundraising/philanthropic endeavors, to continue to improve and expand services, technology, programs and facilities.
- Advance innovation and effectiveness in teaching and student services through collaboration, professional development, training and technology.
- Maintain and enhance high quality services in the areas of administration, instruction, student services and college operations.
Mission, Vision, Values and Institutional Goals approved by the College of the Mainland Board of Trustees.
2013-2014 Annual Plan
College of the Mainland’s mission, vision, and values are the guiding principles upon which College of the Mainland’s strategic planning and its strategic goals are based. Each year the College develops and implements an annual plan to guide its operations. Specific within the plan are the Annual Priorities which provide direction and focus for how the College will advance its long‐term strategic goals during the current year. The Student Success Council, newly formed as of Fall 2013 is charged with developing and implementing specific strategies to support the annual priorities. Furthermore, every unit within the College reviews these priorities and the strategic goals and develops a unit plan with unit objectives that support one or more of the College’s strategic goals. As such, the unit plans and the annual plan are linked via their support of strategic goals and the College’s mission.
Download the Annual Plan to learn more.